Saturday 10 June 2017

Bookish Book Lover Tag

I had a whole post planned for today but I've had such a stressful week I kind of just wanted to do something quick and fun - and I always love tags! I'm not sure who created this tag so please do let me know if you know?


What book are you currently reading?
Circling the Sun by Paula McLain which is so far super engrossing. I didn't know anything about Beryl previously but I'm about a third of the way through and already a little in love with her!

What's the last book you finished?
Broken Branches by M. Jonathan Lee. I have a review written for this which will be up soon and it was such a great, thought-provoking and atmospheric read I definitely recommend it.

Favourite book you've read this year?
HAS to be Under Rose-Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall. Just the best depiction of anxiety I've ever read. I'm just so glad this book even exists.

What genre have you read most this year?
I'm not 100% sure but it's probably romance? I tend to turn to romance whenever I'm busy or stressed or just plain tired and I've been all of those this year so I'm sure I've read A LOT of romance.

What genre have you read least this year?
Science Fiction? I always mean to read more of it and then never quite do. 

What genre do you want to read more of?
Science Fiction. Again. I've loved the Sci-Fi I've read recently and I want to read more I'm just super picky about which ones I want to add to my TBR. 

How many books have you read this year and what's your goal?
I am currently sitting at 123 books completed and my goal is 200 although I'm thinking of upping that to 250? Depends how I feel at the end of July I think because that will be when most of this years stress is behind me!

What's the last book you bought?
When It's Real by Erin Watt. It's a fake-relationship/celebrity story which is the kind of contemporary I adore so I have high hopes for it!

What book are you saving up to buy next?
The next book I plan to buy is probably The Gentlemans Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee. But I'm awful at saving. Just the worst. 

How many books did you check out at your last library visit?
I don't go to the library a lot because our local one is quite small and I've read everything there that I want to read. But there is an 8 book limit and I don't think I've ever left with less than 8 books.

What's a book you can't wait to read?
All of them. A Court of Wings and Ruin of the ones I already own though. I was saving it for after my exam and now I've finished my exam and I'm still too nervous to pick it up? I don't know what that's about but I'm excited for it. 

What's a series you'd recommend to everyone?
Harry Potter is too obvious (although if you haven't read Harry Potter - why???? What? I don't understand?) so I guess Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder because I love those books so, so much.

Who's an author you're hoping writes more?
Becky Albertalli can write no wrong. I've loved both her books and I'm so excited for the next one already!!

A few books your heart adores?
Oh god why make me choose like this. The Princess Bride, Anne of Green Gables, The Ordinary Princess, A Tale of Two Cities, The Hunger Games, Cress, Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda, The Smoke Hunter.

What series' coming conclusion makes you sad?
The Illuminae series maybe? I'm actually fine with series endings it's the cliff-hangers I can't stand. But I will be sorry to see this series go and I'll definitely miss the characters.

What books are on your wishlist? 
My wishlist is so long it would take me the rest of the year to type it out so highlights reel - Wonder Woman, Kiss the Girl by Melissa Brayden, The Abyss Surrounds Us by Emily Skrutskie and yeah about a million others.

I'm not going to tag anyone but feel free to do the tag if you're interested and let me know your thoughts on any of these books or what you would choose for any of these answers?



You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare), Facebook and Instagram to keep up with what we are reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment